May.....monthly recap.......and more.......

There were no finishes in May.  I spent a lot of time outside instead.  I did have some finished tops however.  I still haven't decided whether the one on the right will get a border.  I am tempted to just quilt it as it.  It is 66" x 88", not quite a bed size, but do I care?  I usually let recipients chose a quilt from a group chosen by me and then I find myself apologizing that they aren't bed size.  I think I need to get past that.

In a previous post I showed the colorwash quilt both like this and a 180 degree turn (which is the way I designed it).   See it here.  I think that this way it looks like flowers at the bottom and sky at the top.  The other way the it looks like the sun at the top.  It is made of rectangles that finish at 1.5" x 3" and it ended up 39" x 53".
Before I took the Drunkard's Path blocks off the design wall to move to a double size design wall I turned a few to different positions to try another layout.  I think this looks like bouncing balls.  I will play with the blocks on the larger wall today.
I planted one more pot to go by my garage.  The Coleus will give me color without any blooms in these pots.