Progress with orphan blocks.............

This is where I am on the batik orphan block quilt.  I have sewn the top section starting with the Northwind blocks near the left side down through the X and + blocks across the middle.  That section is 46" x 42".  

I need to add a strip to each of the log cabin blocks on the lower left to make them into 8" blocks in one direction and maybe some will get 2 strips to make that edge fit.
I went through my batik pieces and parts drawer to see if there was anything else that should go in the orphan quilt.

This is the only group that might make it, especially the strips of triangles, maybe as a spacer strip.

Here were some fun pieces I found that might make it into a wonky wallhanging.

Last night I got the backing for the other flannel quilt sewn and loaded the backing and batting on the longarm.  I hope to quilt it today.

Below are the portrait photos of the 30s Stack and Slash baby quilt.