My 2 friends came over to sew yesterday and I finished the blocks for the second flannel Stack and Slash.  I may rearrange a couple blocks but I was too tired last night to spend any more time on the layout.

I also played with the orphan blocks.  I do intend to use as many possible all in one quilt.  My main decision is whether I am grouping like blocks and if the answer is yes, I need to sew those sections together to help with the designing.  I still have 5 more paper pieced stars, 5 Blazing Stars and lots more red/purple 16 patches that aren't up there.  Everything will change once the seam allowances are sewn.
I removed this batch of double 4 patches from yesterday's layout and will make a table runner with them.  I took the rest of the double 4 patches and moved them out like a border instead of grouping them as in the layout yesterday.

I have the twice monthly sew-in today and tomorrow morning need to take my van to the dealer and get the lift gate on the back fixed.  Saturday is the Stack and Slash workshop so I won't get any farther on this orphan quilt this week.