I had my Laurel Burch 1/4 yard pieces all pressed and ready to take to the twice monthly sew-in at 10:30 a.m.  My car wouldn't start.  I called my mechanic and he listened over the phone to the sound it was making and said it probably was the battery so call my road assistance company.  It took 2 hours for someone to get here to jump the battery and start the car and then I took it to the mechanic to have the battery checked.  It turned out that the alternator was bad and was draining the battery.  Since it was a fairly new alternator it was under warranty and didn't cost me anything for the repair.  Did I mention 2 1/2 hours sitting and waiting for them to charge my battery?  Luckily I had grabbed a good book on the way out the door.  I got home at almost 5 p.m.
I did the cutting for 2 kids' quilts last night and paired the fabrics for sewing.  They are more Stack and Slash quilts (see label list on right side bar) since I will be doing a workshop soon and need some quilts in progress to show the steps.  This is how I pair the fabrics.

In my tutorial from November 2011 I linked to Lynne's tutorial that she calls Slashed Squares.  I have changed the title of mine to Stack and Slash because I do the slicing of the squares as a group of 4 and then shuffle the pieces to sew 4 blocks at a time for speed in a workshop (see my tutorial).  Click on the link above to see Lynne's new Slashed Squares project.  In this post she explains how she chooses her fabrics.