And a good time was had by all........

I give a lot of scraps  to my friend Rosemary and I give her orphan blocks that I now longer want.  She surprised me yesterday when she showed us what she did with the scrappy Kaleidoscope blocks that I gave to her last time.  Who would have guessed that they would be the same size as the paper pieced log cabin blocks she was working on.  This quilt top is big, about 85" x 100" and the blocks are about 6.75" square.  I will be helping her to baste it soon.
Jerry's quilt top was too long for my design walls (112").  It is the Blooming 9 patch.  It is a LOT of work to make one of these and it is sewn in diagonal rows.  This one is All Kaffe Fassett and Philip Jacobs fabrics.

This is the last Blooming 9 patch that I made (finished the last day of 2009) and I said I would probably not make another one.  After seeing Jerry's finished I think I will do another one.  I modified the pattern in "Tradition with a Twist" by Blanche Young so that it fits a queen size bed and shared my directions with Jerry.   I gifted this quilt to a family friend in October 2011.