I didn't have any project lined up to sew on while I watched TV. The box of 1.5" strips was still sitting there so I pulled out 2 contrasting values and stared making 4.5" 16 patch blocks. There are 3 blocks in each of the stacks and another 5 stratas that I need to slice and resew. That should keep me busy this week until I come up with a "real" project.
I'm pretty happy with my October sewing. I finished three quilt tops, 2 that were in progress previously and one that was started and finished in October. From left to right: Australian fabric Hunter Star 59" x 70", Batik kite star 61" x 76" and Australian fabric triangles 60" x 80".
Even though 2 of them are made from Australian fabrics I limited my choices in the Hunter star and had very little green and orange. In the triangle quilt however I used all of my collection so there are golds, oranges and quite a bit of green in it along with the same fabrics that are in Hunter Star.
The month was busy with my daughter here for 2 weeks while we worked together on my new website and pop-up shop that was open for 14 days. There were many trips to post office. November will be busy too with my whole family coming for Thanksgiving. I haven't seen all of my grandchildren together for many years so I hope the weather cooperates.
I needed my design walls for some photography so I took down this Australian fabric quilt top and sewed the last 5 seams on it. It looks so much better sewn together than it did in the design stage. It is just a little under 60" x 80".
Most of the intersections of the triangle seams were good.
There were a few that are off by a tiny bit. The quilt is so busy that I'm not taking them out and doing them over. There is one tiny pucker that I will fix however.